Search This Blog

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Sharing Passion

    My favorite people in the entire world are passionate people. I mean the type that radiate an all consuming obsession. They are engaging, interesting, heartwarming.
    The young man tuning my piano as I tap away at my keyboard is passionate about pianos and playing them. No lukewarm pianist is he. No, he is compulsive about owning, fixing, and playing a variety of pianos. He spends his weekends as a street player. Hauling his smaller piano to Austin and sharing his passion with passersby; working for tips. I love to listen to him rhapsodize over his latest acquisition, the smallest baby grand.
    Another of my favorite passionate types has dedicated herself to a homeless shelter, the residents, and the overwhelming need for the homeless in her area. She engages these individuals daily. What passion; what love she has for them and her work!
    I love passionate people, because I identify with them. Your being is so filled with ideas and emotions; whether it is huge and multi-faceted or layered with nuance. You must share before you burst!
    My compelling need is to share, to teach, to encourage, to impart. It does not have to be grandiose; just sharing a minute particle of my passions and I am satisfied.
    Today on the AlteredPages Blog I share my passion of creating with an Activa product, Modena Soft . Please take a look and share your thoughts.
   As the notes from my Grandma's newly-tuned piano echo repeatedly and surround me; I dream of Christmas carols past, the memories of the passion that drew them forth, and the promises of future passion shared.
    Share your passion today; you are my favorite kind of person.
Ciao for now,
-Trish





   

1 comment:

ldf said...

A long time ago I was passionate about finding my passion because I thought if I lived and breathed art, somehow it would all come easier. Instead, I just ended up feeling disappointed with myself most of the time. This may not work for everyone, but sometimes you just have to take the long way around. Take it slow, get comfortable and get cozy.