Search This Blog

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Seize the Moment, Not Just the Day



(Ceiling mural at Chatsworth, Derbyshire UK)

Does anyone else keep hitting the snooze when your alarm goes off? Yeah, me too. Not as much as when I was younger since I have a limited amount of hours left to live; so why spend them laying in bed? Hey, I have an art studio for a reason.

So anyhoo, I realized I have been hitting the proverbial snooze button on my own dang life. Oh, there are a few things I have been compelled to get out of bed and take care of. I made a point to work in my studio daily if possible. My current pieces show the difference. I promised myself I would write daily this year, in any form. I believe I am keeping my promise. So where is the snooze?

My health is at the top of the list. I have made half-hearted stabs over the years, some with success, yet not in a way I needed. I have allowed a lifetime of insecurity to dictate my choices. No more!! I decide how I will feel. I decide how I will look. I decide what I will do with the moments I have left. 

No more snooze button on my own life. Along with the word I have chosen for 2016, Unleashed, I am going to seize the day...no, the moment. For me.

Ciao for now,
-Trish





1 comment:

Melissa Duchess said...

Thank you for sharing your wisdom and perspective :) Now hurry back here so we can hang out at the Turquoise Table!!