Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Christmas Prep

I know...what are you doing talking about Cmas in August? Actually I have started thinking about Cmas in August for several years now.
Here's why:
http://organizedchristmas.com/holiday-grand-plan

They used to be 2 separate online sites, but now work together to get me ready by Thanksgiving. Is everything done & perfect by then...NO. But something has been accomplished & I have an idea of the kind of holiday season my family wants. I can always tell when my thoughts are turning to the holiday season when I catch myself browsing books for new ideas, cookbooks for new recipes, & craft mags & books that inspire me to create a great gift for someone.

The site has printable calendars that I always tweak a bit & of course now they have tons of chats & links to help with anything. Looking for that poem about the candy cane? Want Grandma's missing divinity recipe? What do I buy for my nephew that I never see & is now too old for toys? They can help with all of it.

But the most important parts of it for me is that I interview each family member about the last year & get their ideas & likes & dislikes....and I begin to work on the area of the house that is listed for that week. Also, I update my Cmas notebook & Holiday Recipes binders on menus, recipes, & card/invite lists. I can go to the same notebook year after year & find what I am looking for. I change the calendar and off I go!

I am a list person & this is my fav list making place. Try it, even just a little of it. It is worth the peruse.

Ciao...Trish

No comments: