Search This Blog

Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Changes Just Keep Coming

Since I am effectively married to my home these days I decided to make good my commitment and write away.  I am going to set up my counter for all to see...yikes!  The goal for November 2010 is 50,000 words...I have 460 at this writing...double yikes!
I hope to at least preserve my sanity with this mission since I am even unable to stamp a card as people, large and small, are living in my bedroom/studio...sigh...sounds rather pathetic and whiny doesn't it?  I do whiny rather well tho so whiny it is.
Kick my booty occasionally or just ask me what I have written.  I will resent the intrusion but know that I need it.
Write On,
-Trishtastic the Author in Training
674806.png

3 comments:

Trish said...

Well todays count made it to 1632...but MY word count said 1641..nuff said I am of course right.
Well my story of Truly and her desert adventure/dilemma is coming right along. I had no idea what I was going to write and I still don't...haha. Can't wait to see what happens to her next. As Kim said she is a character..I say she has a 'tude. First time I have allowed profanity in my writing, not sure how I feel about other people's possible reactions but I am ok with what I wrote...let God change my mind if need be.
Thanks Kim for helping me carve out 'me' time today in order to write. Love ya.
Ok people here is your teaser:

A rustling breeze in the cloudless sky drew her attention. Leaning into the hot metal door Truly searched for the source that caused the tiny salted sweat hairs on her neck to beg notice. “What the...great! I feel like a freakin’ Wile E. Coyote cartoon! The buzzards are already circling? Just great.” Four large carrion floated in soundless formation in a high perfect circle, oblivious to the sweltering heat. One raggedy bird halted in flight and plummeted to the dried earth sending a soft plume of clay particles over Truly.

Tata for now,
-Trishtastic retires to the boudoir.

Lorri Miller said...

Can't wait to see today's update!! :)

Trish said...

Almost broke the 2K mark...1953.
But am lovin it so far.
Toodles
Trishtastic writes again