Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Friends for more than a season

With age comes wisdom?  Hmm, let's call it understanding.  For me that is a more accurate statement.  
I now understand better each day the importance of the relationships we brush across in a day.  Some are embedded in our journey, some are just a whisper, some ebb and flow as  a distant tide returning to its home shore.  Each are valuable.
I love meeting new people.  You may hate walking into a room of strangers, I love it!  They are just friends I have yet to meet.  People fascinate me.  Its like an E! Channel Biography.  Each person has a backstory.  A history of life experiences, an extended circle of other people they know.  Childhood, teen years, the 20s, the 30s, the 40s, the 50s, the 60s, and hopefully the years beyond.
These people have stories that they lived inside the history that is recorded in the text books. They saw it with their own eyes, lived in the air space that historical experience is contained in.  It is part of them.
There are recipes they have perfected.  Family lines traced back to the Old Country.
My favorite are friends that cannot be shaken.  The kind that you don't hear from or see for years and yet can pop up and talk to you as if it was just yesterday you were so chummy.  I love that!  That implies trust.  A familiarity and comfort that stayed the test of time.  The best friendships ever.
Lorri, thank you for being one of those friends.  Thank you for thinking of me in this future endeavor...we will succeed...and thank you for being the best Lorri Miller ever!  http://lorrimiller.blogspot.com/
Toodles, this babe needs to sleep...work comes early.
-Trishtastic

No comments: