Search This Blog

Monday, April 11, 2011

Choosing a Career at the Ripe Ol' Age of 46

Eww, don't like the descriptor 'ripe' but it is all rather true.
My good friend Glynnis said a few years ago that she finally realized what she wanted to be when she grew up.  Could I please have the same light bulb illuminate above me?
The list of jobs I have held are numerous and varied.  The list of volunteer positions I have held are even more numerous and also varied.  The listing will be included in the postscript below.  I am not making this up people.
Unfortunately I have been unable to distill down the skills learned below into a viable career.  By viable I of course mean a paycheck.  I would also appreciate a position that I could enjoy for the long haul.
I have had another good friend assist me in a life plan and was still unable to settle on anything.
Light bulb please!
I love my warehouse job.  The same with most of my other jobs.  I have decided though that I need a grown up job, with grown up wages, and it needs to have a personal meaning for me.
So where is my light bulb?
Night guys, lights out.
-Trish

P.S.  Lifetime Responsibility List

Babysitting
Cleaned offices
Factory assembly line
Clerk in Small Claims Court
Casa de la Paloma Busboy
BJ’s Cashier/Cook
Secretary for heir location
Queen’s Way Clothes Sales
Carpet cleaning telemarketer
Wife
Mother
Wendy’s-ProCo, cook, cashier
Tiara Representative
Dental Assistant
Amway-x4
Artistry Colorist
Sunday School teacher-x2
Tupperware Consultant-x2
Headstart Board representative
Girl Scout leader-x2
KM Matol Representative
School Bus Driver
Dessert sales at Renaissance Fair
Frontier Floozy stuntwoman at Goldfield Ghost town
Freelance Writer
VitaMist-Spray Vitamin Representative
Homeschool Teacher for 14 years
VBS Curriculum creator
Mustard Seed Newsletter Editor
CHE Support Group Board member
Lionshare Co-op Facilitator
FEHE Newsletter Editor
Worship Leader
Pastor
Theology Student-x3 schools
Women’s Ministry Committee Leader
Retreat/Event Coordinator & Speaker
Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator
Lunch On the Spot Caterer/Owner
Jewelry Designer
Life Coach
Grandmother
Mixed-Media Artist
Blogger
Medical Biller
Warehouse staff








1 comment:

Trish said...

Here are a few links that address others in my predicament.