Search This Blog

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Tasty Technique Thursday Success and a short rant on creative tool purchases.

Well it was great.  Had an opportunity to break out the alcohol ink applicators that Bob made for me years ago.  We pounced our way across aluminum tape and some paper and acetate.  Added them to a technique tag to show off at home.
Paula made some great peanut butter and chocolate bars...easy peasy she said.  Bag of PB cookie mix with egg and water, mixed and pressed into pan, baked and then melt milk choc chips over that and cut into bars.  Yum.  Sounds like a potluck favorite, huh?
************
I am thinking next of teaching the basics on types of inks and their uses.
Also, I want to research the differences between die cut machines.  Non motorized, such as Sizzix Big Shot or the Spellbinders Grand Caliber.  Or what sets the electronic machines apart such as the Cricut family or even the Pazzle. Even the owners of said machines debate the whys and wherefores. I plan on setting my mind to research this very important territory and report back to you.
*Now you may be asking yourself why would someone really need one of these?  It does not seem to be a necessity but a luxury.  But I disagree.  In working thru my 'emotional stuff' over the years it wasn't the few professionals that helped the most.  It was my Saviour 1st of all that pointed the way, but also my chance to express myself creatively.  I have grown over 4 decades to accept who I am and what I am capable of when I allow my Artist to shine.  For me it is necessary therapy and I love it!
So off to sleepy bye,
-Trish the Artiste




No comments: