Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

GRUNGEBOARD

My first contact with GRUNGEBOARD was during a trip to Payson for my anniversary. At http://www.paperandmetalscrappers.com/ Bob & I went in to browse. (yes ladies my husband loves to shop & he loves to buy me anything I am interested in...in fact he overspends! Enough rabbit trails.) I loved the shapes & the textures of GRUNGEBOARD & so I bought some, but it wasn't until my youngest daughter, Kim, & I went to the store for the Scrapper's Shop Hop that we were shown the alcohol inks & how amazing they worked with the GRUNGEBOARD. I was hooked!
Since I love to create individual gifts, I had to incorporate the GRUNGEBOARD into my jewelry design. Gorgeous Glamorous GRUNGE Jewelry was born!
I am still experimenting with techniques & products and noting the results.

Example: If you turn over a round GRUNGEBOARD shape and apply direct heat to the back it will begin to curl & become concave. I do this after I apply the inks, but before I seal it.
More on this later.
P.S. I have been invited to teach this in Mesa at
http://www.mysticpaper.com/ this fall. I'll post the particulars when I have them.

BTW it looks to be brite & fare today with the possibility of scorching heat mingled with oppressive humidity.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for including me on the blog list - or invitation list or however that works - I am a tad behind the times on terminology.
I have learned so much about you that I didn't know before - and didn't have time to learn at the reunion. We have a lot in common, you and I :) I do believe I am going to borrow your RWE title and start using it here in California, it suits me to a "T". Enjoy your vacation and I look forward to more posts from your in the future
Missy

Trish said...

Missy, I am so excited to get to know you better. Definitely borrow the RWE title....I believe most of are an RWE. Maybe if enough of us use it we could see it in the dictionary one day. Renaissance Women Extraordinaire unite in verbage!