Search This Blog

Friday, July 25, 2008

Minnesota Arrival

Well, before we get to MN I want to discuss Nebraska. Colorado was pretty and I loved all the trees & the fact that at one point it was 43 degrees, that was at 4AM Colorado time at the top of Wolf Creek Pass. Now Nebraska is a little flat for me until you see all those corn fields and cows...my goodness...I loved seeing all of those cows in assorted colors and so fat from grazing on lush green grass. Even the horses were fat & sassy. We decided to stop in Nebraska to sleep, but found that the State Fair was going on and every hotel in the surrounding area was full. A nice gal in the Holiday Inn Express in Colombus found us a room in Fremont at the Wilderness Lodge for only $49. Okay we were a little scared. Too cheap & too vague of a name. But we were tired of napping in the car. We hit the jackpot, new pillowtop beds, comfy down comforters and very nice people. I would definitely stay there again. While driving thru the most beautiful old town...I believe it was Winslow (but I'll have to check the camera because Bob even turned around and let me take a picture of the Swedish Heritage Center) it was as if we had stepped back in time. The lovely old homes with gingerbread trim and wrap-around porches...just absolutely fabulous.

It was overcast when we drove into Minnesota...& we were too late to see the Biggest Ball of Twine. We plan on seeing it on our way out. My 3rd daughter, Vanessa had managed to find all the odd, obscure places to visit on the way. She is my Ripley's believe it or not child.

Well today I meet my MN co-workers that I have worked with via email & the phone and we will check-in to our hotel in Staples...it was the closest since the Wadena County Fair is going on...and then the Fair. Hopefully we see the Demolition Derby! And I get to see Cheryl! No more searing AZ heat, but Bob did get attacked by mosquitos last nite. Goodness are they voracious.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trish, I love you blog. The photos are very nice and professional looking. Keep up the good work. Watch out for the type colors, the bright green in the Sunbonnet days section is hard to read.

See ya soon LuLu

Trish said...

Thank you Lulu, Kim is my photog expert. And thank you for your comment on the colors...my end of things may not look the same as yours. I appreciate it.