Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Minnesota, here we come!

Today is the day we leave for leafy green Minnesota! I have lots of birds to kill on this trip, ewww...sounds gross. Anyways, I am visiting my Dad & Stepmom for the last time in MN (they are retiring & moving out of state--not dying) and I am attending Verndale's Strawhat & Sunbonnet Days (museum, parade, & street dance included) and attending the Wadena County Fair (huge event with massive participation...okay that's a lie, the town population is around 1,700 I think... but the entire county will be there. I'll apprise you later of the attendance), and the biggy is I am continuing my research on my fictional book series...Cris B. Bacon (more on her later).

I also get to see friends that I have not seen in over 25 years. One of those is Cheryl, we have not seen each other since she moved from Verndale in the 8th grade. Thank you classmates.com for bringing us together! Sounds like a commercial, but it is true. We have been talking for months. Now we get to talk in person. Look out people, never get in the way of a reunion. This could last for hours.

I plan on blogging as often as we can pull into a hotel parking lot and use their WiFi...haha. Hopefully I can upload pictures before I get home, Kim has been trying to teach me how to do all of this. Everything except the blogs are the work of Kim so far, she is so talented! And she starts her Photo Imaging course in August. Can't wait to see what this site looks like then.

Well, I am off to pack, etc...next stop Minnesota!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you don't attend a demotition derby or tractor pull at the fair the trip will have been a complete waste. Eat some old Dutch potatoe chips for me!

Trish said...

Just for you I will. Any particular flavor or type of chip? Dill or Sour Cream & Chive, rippled or regular. I hope we hit the demolition derby tonite.